May 8, 2017
Technology is changing our world for the worst and for the better. That is the nature of technology. It can be used for good and for bad. I've seen this list a few times but I think it's appropriate and helpful for this digital age. How do we master for good modern technology and not be mastered ourselves. These are the ten commandments of the digital age.
1. Make technology your servant and not your master.
2. Don't compare your actual inside to another person's virtual outside.
3. Don't allow digital discontent to produce an ungreatful heart. "But godliness with contentmente is great gain."
4. Post humbly "God opposed the proud... but gives grace to the humble."
5. Don't confuse online popularitiy with authentic community. Proverbs 18:24 "One who has unreliable friends... soon come to ruin, but there is a freind who sticks closer than a brother."
6. Spend more time faace-to-face than on Facebook.
7. Don't write something online that you would not say to somebody's face
8. Behave on your little screen like your behavior is going to be seen on the big screen.
9. Honor the digital sabbath and keep it holy. (Stay off facebook more than you stay on)
10. Remember that who you are to God matters more than who you are online. "Bug God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
I invite you to surrender your on-line life to Christ. Give God your litle cell phone, i-pad and laptop. Allow God to be Lord over your online life. It will change yor life.